Wednesday 29 June 2011

I'm Gonna Be A Part Of It...

Wow... Seems a bit mad that this is the last (albeit only the third ever) blog post I shall be making before I'm officially away... In precisely one hour's time, I shall be leaving the comfort of the denim semi-wrecked desk-stool to which I am currently sitting, and sitting in the back of my parent's car, on a two hour trip down the bustling M25 to Heathrow, where I shall be spending the night in a run-of-the-mill hotel, desperately trying to get just the smallest amount of sleep in spite of the garishly high temperatures, and the abundance of planes flying over our very much non-soundproof walls... I shall then wake up at the negotiated time of 5:45am (parents wanted it to be 5:30; I much preferred the idea of a nice lay-in until around 9ish, but acknowledged that sacrifices needed to be made), ready to fight through the hoards of angry commuters, after the conveniently timed trade-union strikes, and sit on my seat, ready to worry relentlessly about the possibility of the worst happening, whilst I sit through sub-standard entertainment on a 2 inch screen, such as the never-before-seen 900,000th episode of The Brady Bunch, and the soon to hit the screens epic Mal-Cop 2, which is somehow even less exciting than the prequel...
Well all that I can say is that so long as I'm not sat between two obese Albanian women with excruciatingly severe body odour, and the inflight movie is Biodome with Polly Shore, and they run out of Dr Pepper & salted peanuts; I think it'll be safe to say that it shall be ok...
Currently however, my parents are doing the typical thing which people do before they go away.... panic. They seem adament that SOMETHING is still plugged in, or that SOMEHOW the house will get burgled, and burnt to ground, and then knocked down by hippies to begin construction on the world's first flower furnished cathouse... I, on the other hand have no such dramaticism, and in the 30 minutes it's taken me to type this so far, have not even yet begun packing my hand-luggage, despite the ongoing fury of my mother upon the subject... I had really ought to do it now, but considering that I've been given a pair of boxers to put in there as "an emergency spare", I'm not feeling particularly excited about the prospect of it, in all honesty...
With that all said; now that everything else is out of the way (I officially signed off to say that I am no longer a student at my school, this morning; and thus joined one of the recklessly useless unemployed thereafter), I have to say that I am genuinely quite looking forward to the next fortenight or so. It seems mad to think that in just 2 or 3 days time, I'm gonna be sitting in Citifield watching my Mets beat Jeter and scum... That's probably just because we all know that the Mets have no chance of winning... Even so, I still look forward to it...

Well I have to leave now, So I'll get back to you when I get back to you.

Thanks,
Kempo.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Albuquerque reference, just hope that 3 of the engines don't burn out and you go into a tailspin and crash into a hillside in a giant fireball and everybody dies, except for you. And you know why.

    Anyway, if you can make it past the plane trip have a good time in NYC.

    ReplyDelete