Saturday 2 July 2011

And It's 1! 2! 3 Strikes You're Out! At A Mets Ball Game...

Things improved tenfold yesterday, as we didn't have to visit a single emergency facility... Wonderful...
Spending the morning on a ferry; we toured the entire of NYC from the Hudson, meeting some extreme Christian couple from Tennessee, in the process; who happen to know less about their own sports than me - "yknow that thing with the throwing stick thing?" "Yes...Lacrosse..."
So we sailed about for a bit; I took few a pictures, and we all enjoyed the 28 degrees sunshine.
We then left, took a trip down 5th Avenue (which, for the record had some of the most stupendously expensive shops in the universe, all concentrated within the confines of 500 yards), and got ready for our evening trip to Queens...
Turned up at Citifield at about 6 for a 7:10 start, but the first thing I've gotta say - Citifield is a BEAUTIFUL ballpark... I mean I thought Shea was sexy, but Citifield makes it look like a wrinkled, old, obese, albino woman in a G-String, in comparison.... Unfortunately for us, the game itself didn't quite live up to that sort of quality... I mean don't get me wrong; going to a subway series game is something pretty damn special, especially the atmosphere (there was like an internal warfare between the mets and the yanks fans; one would chant "Let's Go Yankees", the other would chant "Yankees Suck", they'd hit a double, A-Rod would then come to bat, and be greeted by the chorus of "You Took Steroids" all to the same non-melodic cult-like tune; and it would repeat over and over for the following 4 hours...), but the scoreline wasn't quite as emphatic as I'dve hoped... Especially seeing as it was 0-3 on the top of the first... It all turned a bit defensive from there on out, to be honest, and so scoring was pretty freaking low overall - 5-1 by the end I think...
That being said, it was still a very enjoyable night out, because I always love going to see a Bigs game... Hopefully the next game I go to (in about 10 days time) is a little more exciting on the field...

Thanks,
Kempo.

No comments:

Post a Comment