Thursday 14 July 2011

Suicide Slide

11th: Today was a glorius day weather-wise, and we decided to make the most of it by going to a waterpark...
So after our cheap McDonalds breakfast, and 93.7 Bob FM was turned on; we set off. A good hour or so later we had arrived, and sat down on some sunbeds by the wave pool, where my mum would stay for the entirety of the day, without an inch of movement; choosing just to fry in the desert-esque heat, while my dad and I go on all the slides... And that we did... Nearly...
We went on a few tame ones at first, but then came across these two different slides, both in the same place. One was a near to vertical drop, straight slide, whilst the other WAS a directly vertical drop, which you had to step onto, before a trapdoor would open, and you fall straight down - ABSOLUTELY MENTAL!... As it was about midday at this point, and so getting busy; and being the kind, thoughtful, generous, charming, beautiful young man that I am; I let my dad decide which one to go on (as it was unlikely we were gonna be able to queue up for both, considering the crazily long lines for both...). Without a linger of thought, and potentially fearing his life; he chose the moderately mental one, which I have to say, being albeit slightly relieved at the time; I'm a bit gutted right about now... 
So we waited in line for about 40 minutes, for this 10 second ride (logical, huh?...), where we just went down the chute at about 50mph, and came out the other end a little bit giddy; all the while we watched others going on this even more mental ride - some little kid of about 8 marched up to the Star-Trek-like pods which you had to stand in like a guerrilla; standing about half an inch above the minimum height line, trembling like Anne Robinson in a house of mirrors; squeaking like a mouse "ready now", before before shot down the endless pit of doom... I tell you now... Despite the high-pitched voice; that kid has some SERIOUS balls... Or at least he did... They've since been ripped off, alongside his face, from the G-force of dropping vertically 500feet... Poor kid...
Well we went on that and a few other stuff, went in the wave pool, had a churro (which is at LONG LAST may I add - in my opinion, no trip to the states is complete, until you've eaten a churro, and I've nagged my dad since the moment we landed in NYC, to  get me one, and this was the first open opportunity... I was very pleased indeed...), and then left at about 3, because we'd all agreed that we were sick of the sun... What I HADN'T agreed on however, was what my parents had in store for me next - clothes shopping... 
Now I'm the worst in the world when it comes to shopping - I ABSOLUTELY hate it, and so never end up buying anything... But considering our hotel is just 10 minutes away from this huge premium label shopping plaza place, and how I've been interminably nagged on how I "need some new clothes for Sixth form", I had very little say in the matter... So off we went; going through all these different shops (about 6 or 7 different ones; all of which are just about the same to me, except for Lacoste... I refuse to look even more of a chav than I already have to, thanks... Plus they're French...), and ended up leaving with just one Ralph Lauren polo... And what's more?... To me, that was a successful trip... I actually bought something, before physically dying of boredom... Well done me...

Thanks,
Kempo.

No comments:

Post a Comment