Thursday 7 July 2011

On The Road Again...

July 7th: Today was another travel day, where we drove south for three hours; but now here I am - The beautiful state of Virginia.
I mean, after spending all this time so far in the dull greyness of American cities, I had essentially forgotten about the existence of trees, and wildlife in general; so this is a nice change... The weather has been wonderful - just constant hot, cloudless sunshine; and what's more?... The resort has it's own freaking golf course... I mean COME ON!!! Now I don't play golf, nor do I intend to learn how to over the coming week; but just knowing that the possibility is open to me makes me feel pretty awesome...
So yeah; the next 5 days are gonna be pretty lazy if I'm honest... Laying in the sun... Floating in the pool... Playing a bit of tennis... All the sort of stuff you do in a normal summer holiday when all you wanna do is relax, yknow?... Much more like my kinda holiday...
The only problem with the place, was that our room was sat next to one, full of these annoying little children (who I swear have ADD), and their crazily aggressive dad. So for perhaps 3 or 4 hours, we were just in our room watching TV, whilst through the wall, all we hear is a symphony of high pitched screaming, before a low frequency, foul-mouthed tirade from their dad; which in turn only lead to yet more crying and screaming, and in turn more shouting, in a spiralling cycle of trumping insanity... Now during all of this, I had my iPod on, so barely noticed it; but my dad on the other hand, was flipping more than a Blue Peter pancake - he was just going CRAZY... It took until the point when he was physically sharpening his toothbrush into a dagger, to go on a mental murdering massacre; for my mum to finally suggest that he had probably ought to mention the problem to the front desk... That he did, and we are now in a different room on the other side of the hotel... So now it's quiet enough to sleep, and my dad won't be put on the electric chair... A win win situation if ever I've seen one...

Thanks,
Kempo.

No comments:

Post a Comment